Lecture Notes by Michael Fowler, UVa.
Text: Electricity and Magnetism, Jackson.
This is a continuing project, the lectures currently available cover electrostatics. These lectures may be further edited.
1. A Guide to Jackson Chapter 1
2. Discontinuities in fields at surfaces
3. Reviewing Units. Warning: Jackson is bilingual!
4. Math Bootcamp
5. More Math: Helmholtz' Theorem
6. Electrostatics I
7. Electrostatics II
9. Green's Reciprocation Theorem
11. Green's Function and Basis States
12. Cartesian Variable Separation
13. Complex Plane
14. 2D Electrostatics Using Complex Variable I
15. 2D Electrostatics Using Complex Variable II
16. Conformal Mapping
17. Van der Pauw's Theorem
18. Spherical Harmonics
19. Remarks on some Azimuthally Symmetric Problems
20. Spherical Green's Functions
21. Cylindrical Symmetry: Bessel Functions